The Cultural centre S.Francesco is housed in the ancient convent of the Friars Minor, which preserves a remarkable Romanesque stone portal and a frescoed Renaissance cloister....
On the first floor, there is the library, dedicated to Angelo Rocca, founder of the Angelica library in Rome, and the rich municipal historical archive, with documents from the thirteenth century.
The exhibition space hosts a permanent collection of works of art. A gallery is dedicated to Edgardo Mannucci, one of the greatest Italian sculptors of the 1900, and to his master Quirino Ruggeri. The works have been organized chronologically. It begins with the bronze, plaster portraits of the first half of the twentieth century by Ruggeri, and continues with the sculptures of Mannucci, which reconstruct the stages of his expressive process, from figurative beginnings to informal landings, with elegant flickering spirals.
One of the rooms is dedicated to Bruno d’Arcevia, a leading exponent of Italian Neo-mannerism. On display are oil paintings, ceramics, graphics, drawings that retrace the stages of his artistic evolution.
Monument, HistoricChurch St. Maria del Soccorso
NaturePark Giacomo Leopardi